Gnistängstunneln, tunnel wash water
Treatment feasibility study of tunnel wash water and design of a treatment system capable of treating all tunnel wash water in Gothenburg.
Treatment of tunnel wash water
Utilizing Swedish Hydro Solutions chitosan and BioMedia treatment, suspended sediment was reduced from 13 000 mg/l to <1 mg/l after treatment. The removal efficiency for heavy metals was 96-99 % and for organic contaminants 93-99,9 %
Suspended material, mg/l
- Guideline value, City of Gothenburg (25 mg/l)
- Untreated water (13 000 mg/l)
- After chitosan treatment (24 mg/l)
- After chitosan + BioMedia ( <1 mg/l )
- Guideline value, City of Gothenburg (0.05 µg/l)
- Mercury in untreated water(0,11 µg/l)
- After chitosan treatment (0,0041 µg/l)
- After chitosan + BioMedia (<0,002 µg/l)
- Guideline value, City of Gothenburg (0,05 µg/l)
- Untreated water (2,2 µg/l)
- After chitosan treatment (< 0,01 µg/l)
- After chitosan + BioMedia (<0,01 µg/l)
Chitosan flocculation in large-scale tunnel projects is very effective. In order to test the same technology used by several West Link projects, the international construction company Implenia decided to purchase an entire system, including professional services, from Swedish Hydro Solutions.
The West Link section “Central Station” project is NCC’s largest construction contract ever. Swedish Hydro Solutions has been contracted for the water management in this project.
Project Olskroken with Peab Prior to the large infrastructure project, known as the West Link, Swedish Hydro Solutions method for water treatment using chitosan is evaluated at Olskroken.Good results in the pre-study before the construction of the West LinkProject...
Write to us!
Kristineholmsvägen 26 A
441 39 ALINGSÅS